The club is named “Health Media Award”. It should be entered in the register of associations and subsequently, be named „Health Media Award e.V.“. The registered address of the association is 50670 Köln, Im Mediapark 5.
(1) Purpose of the association is to promote health education at national, European or international level by awarding a certificate and/or award, the Health:Angel. In addition, the association is the sponsor of the competition “Health Media Award” and will be the host of an awards ceremony.
(2) The purpose of the statutes is to be achieved through regular dialogue and cooperation between members, companies, media, arts, theatre, consultants and interested third parties. The association offers media training, coaching, the planning and organization of fitness and health events, creative workshops, seminars, cartoon recording, music and video productions, author contributions, drafting of concepts and consultations.
(1) In addition to the founding members, only companies (legal persons) or entrepreneurial natural persons with an annual turnover of at least 100,000.00 Euro per year can become a supporting member after submitting a written application to the board of the association.
(2) If the board rejects the admission, the company or the applicant may convene a general meeting. The general meeting will make a final decision on the membership.
(3) The Chairman may also appoint sponsoring members with an annual turnover of € 100,000.00 if the admission of this company or the entrepreneur makes a special contribution to the promotion of the purpose of the association. A decision by members is not necessary on this occasion.
(1) Co-determination rights of the sponsoring members (passive membership) with respect to the active members (founding members) are limited. They have no voting rights. The right of participation of the sponsoring members at the general meeting and the right to convene a general meeting according to § 37 (1) BGB remain unaffected. The sponsoring members are invited separately to the general meeting.
(2) Sponsoring members are entitled to participate free of charge at all offered events of the association. At members’ meetings, they have the right to speak and to apply, but not to vote.
Sponsoring members are obliged to support the association and its purpose in a proper manner and especially in public, to refrain from anything against the purpose, objectives and tasks of the association in accordance with the statutes or that is likely to harm the association. A sponsoring member that does not fulfil this obligation is liable for resulting consequences and indemnifies the association from any liability.
Membership ends by death, resignation or expulsion. Resignation is to be declared to the board in writing. The Executive Board decides on the exclusion of a sponsoring member. This also applies to the exclusion of founding members.
(1) Contributions (membership fees) are collected from the sponsoring members. The amount of the promotion contribution is determined in the contribution rules.
(2) If a membership ends in accordance with § 4 of these statutes (end of membership), sponsoring members are not entitled to reimbursement of any membership fees paid.
(3) The founding members are exempt from contributions.
The bodies of the association are the Management Board and the General Meeting.
(1) The board of the association consists of the chairman, his deputy and the secretary. The association is represented in and out of court by the chairman or his deputy.
(2) The Chairman may freely dispose of the assets and revenues of the Association up to a total of € 250,000.00 without the consent of the Board or the members (account assignment). This also includes the payment of advance payments, loans, entertainment and travel expenses, expenses for private purchases, private travel and private entertainment, membership fees for a fitness club and personal training for the board members.
The Board is elected by the General Meeting for a term of four years from the day of the election. Re-election is permitted. The current members of the Board remain in office after the end of their term of office until successors have been elected.
(1) Every other year there is a regular general meeting. It decides, in particular, the discharge and the election of the board.
(2) At the request of 10% of the members (minority rights) a regular general meeting is to be convened in writing within 14 days, stating its purpose and the reasons.
(3) Convocations to general meetings are made in writing by the Board with a notice period of one week, indicating the agenda. The beginning of the period is the date of the invitation (for example, the date of sending the e-mail). The agenda may be supplemented or amended by majority vote within the general meeting; this does not apply to amendments to the articles of association or the purpose of the association.
(4) The general meeting decides on resolutions with a majority vote of the members present (simple majority). Only YES or NO votes are valid. Abstentions are not considered. Resolutions can also be taken online (e,g. via eMail, Telefon, Skype), if all participants of the general meeting agree.
Minutes of the resolutions of the board and the general meeting have to be taken and signed by the chairman or his deputy and the secretary or a secretary of the minutes elected by the general assembly. The transcript can also be documented electronically (for example as PDF) with a signature or confirmation via e-mail by the 1st chairman or his deputy.
(1) The chairman or his deputy may appoint special representatives for the association.
(2) The special representative’s task is promoting and supporting the purpose of the association, as well as generating revenues and companies for financing the competition “Health Media Award” and the award ceremony. Further, they ensure the proper planning and organization of the competition and plans and organizes the Award Night (award ceremony).
(3) In order to fulfil these tasks, the Special Representative may also appoint third parties (e.g. service providers, artists, consultants, organisations, associations, authors). Proposals from third parties must be agreed by the Chairman before any order is placed.
(4) The remuneration of the aforementioned tasks of the Special Representative shall be governed by a separate fee agreement between the Special Representative and the Chairman.
By resolution of the founding member meeting, the board members are exempted from the restrictions of § 181 BGB.
Die Auflösung des Vereins kann nur in einer besonderen, zu diesem Zweck, und mit einer Frist von 14 Tagen, einzuberufenden außerordentlichen Mitgliederversammlung, mit einfacher Mehrheit beschlossen werden. Die Mitglieder beschließen mit einfacher Mehrheit auch über die Art der Liquidation und die Verwertung des verbleibenden Vermögens.
The dissolution of the association can only be decided by a simple majority in a special extraordinary general meeting to be convened for this purpose and with a notice period of 14 days. The members also decide on the method of liquidation and the exploitation of the remaining assets by a simple majority.
If any provision of these Articles is invalid, impracticable, or e.g. becomes invalid or impractical after the founding of the association or contrary to valid legal regulations, the validity of these statutes remains untouched according to valid law of the BGB (German Civil Code).
You’ll find the Award Winners of the past years here.